New Clothes Give Confidence
The Waukee Area Christain Services Clothing Closet relies on the generosity of our community to be able to supply children with quality, current style clothing they feel confident and comfortable wearing to school. Inadequate clothing is a humbling, very visible consequence of poverty. Many children are affected in painfully silent ways that can diminish their quality of life and opportunities. Lack of proper clothing can lead children to skip school and have behavioral and academic problems.
Thank you for helping the youth in our community feel confident going to school in clothing that will allow them to focus on their schoolwork, without feeling self-conscious.
Host a Clothing Drive
New and like-new children’s clothing for ages 4–14 is our most-needed item and is always in demand at the Clothing Closet.
Clothing Drive Donations:
- Boys and Girls Socks
- Boys and Girls Underwear (Sizes: 4–16)
- Girls Tops and Bottoms (Sizes 4–16)
- Boys Tops and Bottoms (Sizes 4–8, 10/12, 12/14, 14/16)
What We Accept
We accept donations of clothing for children ages 4-14 years old. Because we strive to dignify our clients with the gift of high-quality, new, and like-new clothing, we ask that all used clothing is in excellent condition. Please, no wear and tear or stains. Thank you.
To help you with your clothing drive, we’ve added a printable document for our most-needed items throughout the year.
Benefits of Hosting a Clothing Drive
- Your donations go directly to local children who may even attend a school near you
- You generate awareness for WACS and all of the services we provide in addition to food
- You make it easy for people to give by hosting a donation location at a place they often visit
Clothing Donation Drop-Off
Because of limited space at Waukee Area Christian Services, we are directing all donations to our off-site location at Burn Boot Camp in Waukee.
Burn Boot Camp
650 Ashworth Drive, Waukee, IA
(Please use the side door)
- Monday: 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
“None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.”
— Mother Teresa