The idea of the Birthday Bag is to give families in need through the food pantry the opportunity to celebrate a birthday party at home. This is a fun serving project for youth groups, families and small groups. What’s more fun than planning a Birthday party?!
Things to consider when filling your Birthday Bag:
• Medium-size gift bags work best for storage and ease of distribution.
• Age group and gender you are creating your gift for.
• Young kids love theme-oriented birthday parties. (super heroes, princess, etc.)
• Gender neutral, generic bags are great for the older kids.
• Feel free to be as simple or as generous as you like.
What to put in your bag? The ideas are endless, but here are a few items you might consider:
• Boxed birthday cake mix and frosting. Maybe even a disposable aluminum style cake pan (they may not have a cake pan at home). Remember to check your expiration dates!
• Party hats
• Birthday sign/banner
• Cake decorations
• Supplies for treat bags
• Noise makers
• Birthday candles
• Party invitations
• Cake plates
• Party napkins
• Plastic silverware
• Party table cloth
• Flat folded gift wrapThank you for helping create a fun memorable birthday celebration!
Completed bags can be dropped off at the Food Pantry:
Mondays 4 – 6pm
Thursdays 9 – 11am
If you have questions, please contact WACS, 987-5523.