The annual Health Fair held August 3, blessed 65 students this year – a record year.
For the past 6 years the Waukee Area Christian Free Clinic has been hosting the event offering free school and sports physicals along with many other services/resources. Thank you to these partners for helping serve our students: Dallas County Public Health (immunizations/resources), New Opportunities (dental screenings), Integrative Counseling Solutions, Iowa Food Bank Association, New York Life Insurance (child ID kits), and the many, many volunteers including the amazing nurses and physicians.
We are already planning for next year, if you would like to be involved with the Back-to-School Health Fair next year please Contact Us.
The Fruitful Vine Community Garden, a ministry of Waukee Area Christian Services, is now looking for individuals, families, and groups of all ages to join the 2015 garden season.
Volunteers are needed to help plant, maintain and harvest all season long. No experience necessary. Last year over 2000 pounds was harvested and given to families through the food pantry!! Shifts are available Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays. Hope to see you in the garden!
We’re using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming Sign-ups.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/zXKThL
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact us at [email protected] and we can sign you up manually.
This year was another successful year at Waukee Area Christian Services 8th annual Easter Baskets of Love drive! Because of your help we were able to bless 143 children. I have always said it’s not about the baskets or what we give and to how many; rather it’s how we can show God’s love in a small way.
The generous support of the families we serve and the care for people in the community is evident through efforts like these baskets. We could not have been so successful without everyone’s kindness.
Thank you again to all who participated including our partner churches, Waukee Family YMCA, and the many volunteers who helped sort, assemble and distribute!
Smiles ~ Melissa Stimple, Director
Due to the inclement weather the Food Pantry and Free Clinic will be CLOSED today.
As a reminder, we follow the Waukee School District closings… if Waukee schools close, cancel evening activities or have a late start on a Thursday, WACS will be closed. Closings will be posted on Facebook, the website (www.waukeechristianservices.org), and on the answering machine at 987-5523.
Waukee Area Christian Services (WACS) is excited to announce The Blessing Tree as their 2014 Christmas program. For the last 9 years WACS has been providing families with the “Gift of Food” and the Waukee Police Department has blessed the community with gifts for kids. This year Waukee Area Christian Services will not only be providing the food, but will also be taking over the gifts for kids too. We are honored the police department entrusts us to carry on the tradition they have had for over 20 years. Each year the opportunity to reach out and bless those in the Waukee area grows and expands, we hope you will join us this year as we continue to bless our community.
Here are 3 ways you can bless a family this Christmas:
1. Give – On our Blessing Tree are items that families need this Christmas. In keeping with the foundation of feeding those in need, the first way you can give is to contribute a complete holiday food box which we call the “Gift of Food”, or individual items to be contributed towards a holiday meal. Cash donations can also be given to purchase the necessary items to complete the meals. Click here for our Gift of Food flyer.
The second way you can give is to adopt-a-family that has a special Christmas need or wish. Many in the area are doing their best to meet the basic needs for their family, and cannot afford to have the kind of Christmas they long for. WACS is compiling a list of those families and matching them up with donors. We anticipate blessing almost 300 children this Christmas. Contact us here to adopt-a-family this year.
2. Volunteer – We will need your help with sorting donations, assembling the meal boxes, and distribution. Please call us at 987-5523 to reserve your time. [ update: all December volunteer shifts are full. Thank you to all who are sharing their time with us! ]
3. Pray – This is really our first and foremost need. Each contact with a person or family, we know has been God ordained, and that our purpose is to meet not only their physical needs, but spiritual needs as well. Your prayers over our staff, volunteers, food, gifts and families that we serve are most welcomed. That they would be blessed by what they receive and that Christ is seen in all we do.
Need more information or have questions? Contact us here. Remember you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Words can never express our gratitude to all who participated in our Share Your Feast Thanksgiving food drive. Your gifts of food, prayer and time made it possible for us to bless 157 Waukee area families. We pray that each box is a blessing to those who receive it.
Here is a note we received from one of our families: “I would like to tell you who serve, how very grateful to each one of you we are!!! For touching our hearts this holiday season!!! Every act of kindness we do, Jesus sees & will reward. Overwhelmed by the KINDNESS & PRAYING U ARE TOUCHED BY HIS LOVE in a Special way!!”
Waukee Area Christian Services is preparing for its annual Share Your Feast food drive and we need your help. Most of us are getting all excited planning for our families to be together and competing as to whom can make the best turkey and pumpkin pie! Unfortunately, not everyone is so lucky. There are many families that can not afford a Thanksgiving dinner. What can we do to help?
The food pantry will be giving families a special Thanksgiving Feast food box and we need your help to fill them up. Items needed include: boxed stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, relishes, ingredients for green bean casserole and pumpkin pie, saltine crackers, corn muffin mix, fruit and jell-o. Cash donations will be used to provide each family a turkey or ham and grocery store gift card to purchase the perishable items to complete their meal.
Donations are needed by November 17, and can be dropped off at Westview Church, Mon-Thurs 9-2pm or Mon 4-6pm. The church is located at 1155 SE Boone Dr, Waukee. For more information please contact us at 515.987.5523 or [email protected]
The Fruitful Vine Community Garden, a ministry of Waukee Area Christian Services, is now looking for individuals, families, and groups of all ages to join the 2014 garden season. Volunteers are needed to help plant, maintain and harvest all season long. Last year over 2000 pounds was harvested and given to families through the food pantry.
Ongoing maintenance and harvest volunteers are needed for shifts Sundays 6-8pm, Mondays 4-6pm and Thursdays 9-11am.
Come join us!
Questions? Contact us at 987-5523.
Waukee Area Christian Services is conducting its annual “Back to School Supply Drive” now through July 31.
With the first day of school quickly approaching, we are reaching out to our community to assist in donating much needed school supply materials. These supplies will be distributed to families through the Waukee Area Christian Food Pantry.
Many local families have difficulty meeting this need for their children. This creates stress for our students, which is a barrier to achieving a positive outlook in their education.
Three ways to get involved:
1) Sponsor a Student. We’ll provide the first name of the student and the list. Return the items to us and we’ll make sure the student receives your personal donation. Contact us for more info! 987-5523.
2) Donate Supplies from our most needed list. Including new and gently used back packs AND athletic/gym shoes.
3) Donate Money to purchase needed supplies. Mail to WACS, Attn: School Supplies, 1155 SE Boone Dr, Waukee, IA 50263.
New this year! We are collecting new and gently used athletic/gym shoes. All sizes. K-12 grade. Our goal is to collect 300 pairs, so far we have 56!